Friday 20 September 2013

HAVE FUN GUYS.


                                                                         HAVE FUN GUYS.

Forgive the pun but I could not resist. I am of course referring to Mushrooms or Fungi. I was out this morning with my dog not very far from the town and I was looking for Mushrooms, the first two or three fields I tried, although in the past have always provided me with a regular supply, have failed me this year. However it's still a bit early so I might find some in a few days time. The last field I walked over however did provide me with enough to have with my bacon and eggs on Sunday morning that's if the other half don't nick them first.


Fresh Picked Mushrooms.

Mushrooms are easy to find and sometimes you can see them from quite a distance as the light reflects off them. I have driven around the country lanes many times looking over the hedgerows and fences and spotted them growing out in the open. In the past I would just go and pick a few but now if you do not want to upset the land owner ask him first, he might say no or he might say yes and tell you where he has seen a better place to find them, whatever, do not pick them all it's only polite to leave some for somebody else and next year you can go back again, you might have made a new friend in the process.

Just one word of WARNING make sure you know what you are picking, there are many types of Fungi  and not all are eatable, so either get a good book or go with someone that knows what they are looking for. The National Trust sometimes take out groups on foraging expeditions and so do the Local Wildlife Trusts so keep a look out for any advertisements in the local press or on the local radio programs.

                                                                                RECIPES.

There are plenty to pick and choose from, they can be used on their own or in Pies etc, have a look on the internet for some fab ideas to try with yours.

And finally have fun guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment